(AP) – The Detroit Red Wings are continuing their rebuild with coach Jeff Blashill. Red Wings general manager Steve Yzerman has given the coach a contract extension. Blashill’s career record is 172-221-62 and Detroit has now gone five seasons without reaching the playoffs. Blashill’s sixth season behind the bench ended this month with an overtime loss to Columbus as both teams finished with a division-worst 48 points in the pandemic-shortened season.
- Supreme Court sides with former athletes in dispute with NCAA over compensation
- Former NMU star Isaiah Johnson talks pro journey after inking contract overseas
- The Waiting Game: An in-depth look at the apparent clash between Rodgers and the front office
- Bucks bounce back to beat Nets 104-89 and force Game 7
- Meijer LPGA Classic features Olympic hopefuls