BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Whitmer, new MDHHS chief to hold coronavirus briefing this afternoon
- WGN America to rebrand as NewsNation with launch of new shows in March
- Wisconsin’s 7-day average of positive COVID-19 cases continues to drop
- Multiple people arrested, ejected during Sunday’s Packer game